Old April 28th 05, 09:15 PM
Dudley Henriques

I've known Bob Hoover for over thirty years. He would be the second in line
(right behind me :-) to tell any pilot even thinking about attempting
aerobatics in an aircraft not approved for that purpose not to engage in
that endeavor.
Everything Bob does and has done in aerobatics with each and every aircraft
he has flown professionally for that purpose has required special waivers
from competent authority.
Please don't equate a non professional pilot performing aerobatics in a
Cessna 150 to Bob Hoover, or if you must do so, send this post along with
the initial post about this issue from the beginning of the thread to Bob
personally and tell him I told you to send it to him for his comment; then
post his response right back here on this newsgroup so that everyone can see
what he has to say about it.
Thank you
Dudley Henriques
International Fighter Pilots Fellowship
Commercial Pilot; CFI; Retired
dhenriquestrashatearthlinktrashdotnet
(take out the trash :-)

"jsmith" wrote in message
Dude, just because the maneuver isn't approved in the aircraft manual
doesn't me it isn't safe to do. The limiting factor is the skill of the
pilot. Stay within the G-limits, airspeed limits, the airplane doesn't
know what it's doing.
Robert A "Bob" Hoover was a military and civilian pilot that did things
with airplanes others said couldn't be done. He did them nonetheless,
repeatedly, in the same aircraft.

B S D Chapman wrote:
There's a subtle difference between adventurous and pioneering, and
adventourous and reckless. What really confuses me is that you openly
admit, nay brag, about the fact you did it in a non-aerobatic aircraft.