Old September 9th 18, 06:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

Default stowing horizontal stabilizer on tail boom in trailer

On Friday, September 7, 2018 at 8:43:22 AM UTC-6, Steve Leonard wrote:
On Thursday, September 6, 2018 at 7:44:09 PM UTC-5, C-FFKQ (42) wrote:
My Kestrel uses a saddle that straps onto the tail boom and is kept from rotating by a section that goes up the fin.

The horizontal stab fits into a full cuff at one end and an open cuff at the other, held in by bungee cord.

If I can get at the ship in the next day or so -- and remember -- I'll take pictures and forward them to you.

Or, you can go to the Wings and Wheels classifieds, look in the "recently sold" for the Slingsby T59 Kestrel and see the cuff.

https://wingsandwheels.com/classifieds/?m=sold

Sorry, I can't pull it up by itself any more. It is on the first page, though. Can't miss it.

Steve Leonard

That cuff design needs to be secured to the trailer floor also to keep it from sliding forward during stops. As displayed, that strap will not keep it from sliding forward and rolling to the weighted side, which is likely to damage the trim (anti-balance) tab.

Frank Whiteley