Old July 23rd 03, 12:09 AM
Jim Vadek

"Rosspilot" wrote in message

About 16.5 hours of labor all together. Another lucky year!

16.5 hours for a thorough inspection with all the manufacturer's

checklist
items completed?

I've always hated the entire concept of paying anybody for anything by the

hour
unless we're talking about assembly line widget-making.

I pay a flat rate for the inspection and then per hour + parts after that.

People have no incentive to work efficiently and with optimum productivity

when
they are charging by the hour. Quite the contrary. It's in their interest

work as slowly as possible.

I agree.

I know for a fact that I can accomplish a tremendous amount of quality

work in
an hour, frequently multi-tasking, and fitting everything in. People have
different capabilities.

16.5 hours is more than 2 entire workdays. Are you suggesting that a man
cannot work on ONE Skyhawk for 2 full days (exclusively) and NOT complete

the
annual inspection checklist? Why not?

Nope. Don't get me wrong... I am certainly not saying that 16.5 is too
short... it is just that my owner experience is around 25 hours with some
preventative maintenance items thrown in if nothing else comes up during the
inspection.