Old September 10th 08, 06:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Sam Spade

Default contact terminology?

Mike wrote:

"Viperdoc" wrote in message

Before we continue with Anthony, let's all remember that will never
admit he is incorrect or has made a misstatement. Bottom line is that
he has never, ever flown with TCAS, TIS, ADS-B, or for that matter a
Narco Mark 12.

Rather than argue minor points, why bother since he has no experience
with any of these systems and wouldn't even know how to turn one on
let alone use it effectively or understand how they work.

Good question. I don't argue with him for that very reason. I suspect
that those who do have some burning need to feel like they have
accomplished something, but proving you have more experience than
someone who has zero experience is not much of an accomplishment in my
book. Anthony doesn't nym shift, so anyone who is annoyed can simply
add him to their killfile. I don't really care if anyone beats up on
Anthony as he well deserves it for a number of reasons, but justifying
beating up on him by saying he's a hazard to aviation is truly pathetic.

Sign me pathetic. I was trying to make a point (perhaps a bit too
strongly) about a jerk who speaks with such authority and who has zero
flying experience or credentials.