Old September 23rd 17, 09:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
David Sherrill

Default Fligth Time Calculator

To correctly format time differences greater than 24 hours in MS Excel, select "Custom" for the cell format and enter "[h]:mm". Using this format,

9/1/17 9:00 AM becomes 996417:00
9/3/17 3:00 PM becomes 996471:00
and their difference is 54:00.

Cheers
...david

On Monday, September 18, 2017 at 5:59:34 PM UTC-4, wrote:
Hi all,

just a few notes for those of you using the OLC for your flight recording..

The reasons that I do not use OLC for that purpose, is that I don't want to pollute OLC with all the short flights I have as an instructor in the club trainer, which are also done without IGC recording. (I use my other Android app, StartList, for recording those). The response times on OLC can be quite slow already if you hit the German rush hour.

Also be aware, that the OLC time is the "Wertungsdauer" i.e. only that part of the flight that gives you points. So if you start your turbo to get home, that part of the flight is not counted. You have to download the Excel sheet, there the total duration of the flight can be seen.

And back to the purpose of the FlightCalc tool: It is not for capturing your time, it is only to help you summarize those times in the fastest possible way I could come up with. There is no way I can do this so fast in Excel, one hurdle being that I don't know how to make Excel showing more than 24 hours, and I have flown a little bit more than that :-)

Here in Denmark we have to enter these times manually in the plane's logbook and in the pilot's logbook using old fashioned ink, so electronic logbooks is of little help here.

Good flights to all,
Johny