Old December 26th 09, 02:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
delboy

Default EASA Vs FAA

On Dec 19, 5:53*pm, glider wrote:
As much as we like to complain about our FAA, we are fortunate to be
in the USA and not going through the insanity of soaring in Europe.

* To quote a German friend, "Bureaucrazies are Lifetaking".

* The EASA does not seem to have interest in promoting aviation.

*We Yankees must stay alert.

GA

The clue is in EASA's name - European Aviation Safety Agency. If they
can stop us flying, then we are 'safe' from having from having a
flying accident. Job done! Incidentally EASA was originally formed
just to simplify the certification of the Airbuses in all the
different EU Countries, but its tentacles keep spreading so that the
bureaucrats have something to do.

EASA makes the UK CAA (Campaign Against Aviation) look like pussycats
in comparison.

Derek Copeland