Old July 23rd 03, 11:01 AM
Mark Evans

"Jim CRQ" wrote in message
om...
Could someone give a brief outline of what is involved in getting a
tail wheel endorsement.

I always started with MCA and stalls in any AC checkout, to help get a feel
of the AC in the landing posture.

I'm interested in upgrading my skills and would like to know what type
of training is involved. I suspect its mostly landing and taxing.

The bigest thing to me was learning that the throtel is a "primary flight
control", in most light trikes you pull all power and the plane setels when
it is ready, in a TD you can't let the plane decide, if you start to setel
to the ground and you'r not ready, a little goose of power will hold you in
ground efect till you have it straight and stable, then you can pull that
power out and land.

Also how long did it take to master the tail wheel techniques.

don't know, I only have about 250 hr. in them, I would guise about 1000 hr.

Thanks

Jim

your welcome

Mark