Old November 2nd 17, 08:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
AS

Default Six gliders stolen - Aalborg Svæveflyveklub - gliding club in Denmark

On Thursday, November 2, 2017 at 1:01:03 PM UTC-4, son_of_flubber wrote:
Reposting for a friend:

"Aviator - Aalborg Svæveflyveklub", a gliding club in Denmark, just lost all of 6 airplanes, that were allegedly taken out of their trailers and loaded onto a truck. Local police is currently investigating. The theft happened between monday Oct 30th, and thursday Nov 2nd.

The stolen airplanes we
Duo Discus T (OY-RAX)
LS6 18w (OY-XRG)
LS4 (OY-XRF)
LS4 (OY-XPX)
DG 400 (OY-XPD)
Pegase (OY-RGX)

Please share this information with everyone you know in the gliding community.

https://nordjyske.dk/nyheder/svaevef...d-2be63a73eb54

Sadly enough, soaring clubs in Europe are hit with break-ins, vandalism and theft often enough that the there is a 'Theft-List' on the German server Segelflug.de. It lists items stolen after breaking into hangars and working undetected sometimes for days. Not only are instruments taken but entire engines were removed from planes and hauled away.
My old club installed motion lights and cameras after their club house was ransacked.
I wish the Danes good luck in recovering their equipment.
Uli
'AS'