Old May 17th 05, 08:23 AM
bcpj

Marco Rispoli wrote:
Marco walks to the instructor and introduces himself. Marco is already out
of his mind with terror. Rationality left the premises a long time ago.

Liked your story, Marco. My experience has been similar to yours...

I've been thinking about getting started in aerobatics as well. The cost
of renting a plane is 2 to 3 times higher here (the Netherlands) but
I'll find a way to finance it. There's no turning back now!

My introduction to aerobatics was in a Fuji 200. Not sexy at all but
capable of some entry-level aerobatics. Been flying with a former dutch
aerobatic champion so definately in capable hands. Did some aileron
rolls, spins, hammerheads and loopings. It's been 10 years since I last
took the controls of a single-engine piston so it took 'a few minutes'
to get accustomed to handling light aircraft with ****-poor performance
(I fly 737's normally). Temp. was in the high 80's so that didn't help
either. Funny, I always thought loopings were easy-peasy. "Just pull on
the stick-" sorta thing... yeah, right! My exit was 90deg. off the entry
heading! :-)

Anyway, I loved it. Didn't feel sick while I was airborne. Loved the
G's! Felt queezy afterwards but McDonalds might have been the cause of that!

Even though I know I could save myself _a lot_ of money by "teaching"
aerobatics myself, I'm going to need a suitable instructor or I'll kill
myself. At least until I can recognize and get out of- sticky situations.

Question for the experienced aerobatic pilots here; How many hrs. (on
average) would it take to get qualified on a tail-dragger (Citabria)?

Regards,