Old March 6th 07, 07:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Ross

Default dirty oil

B A R R Y wrote:
Ross wrote:

Which "Grease and Go" to I go to today.

Mobil 1 at my local "Grease & Go" is way overpriced. The local quickie
lube tore (and bought replacements for $50 each) (4) fender liners in a
row on my '96 Nissan King Cab until they figured out that the screws
weren't snaps. That truck was so difficult to change the oil I acquiesced.

FWIW, my '05 Toyota Tacoma has the oil filter mounted ON TOP of the
engine, complete with a little tray that accepts a 20 oz. soda bottle to
catch the drips! My '99 Wrangler is relatively easy, as well.

I also get to eyeball the belts, hoses, wires, clutch and brake fluid
levels (for hints on wear), etc... while I'm there. And I _like_ doing
it, with a cold microbrew! G

OTOH, I watch our mechanic do the Sundowner.

When I am at the Grease and Go I am standing at the front of the car
watching that I am getting what I am paying for (all the things you
mentioned). Toyotas have a odd way of mounting the filter - upside down.
One my O-360 it comes straight out the back, but still a mess if you are
not careful.

--

Regards, Ross
C-172F 180HP