Old March 6th 07, 08:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
B A R R Y[_2_]

Default dirty oil

Ross wrote:
Toyotas have a odd way of mounting the filter - upside down.

It's not so odd. Mine is empty when you remove it. Nothing to spill! G

One my O-360 it comes straight out the back, but still a mess if you are
not careful.

Our O-360 has a remote installation, so it's on the firewall. We could
easily do the plane ourselves, but we have a good setup with the
mechanic. He's a one man operation. He sweeps the snow off the plane
when we're not around (for all his regulars), lets us wash and wax the
plane in his hangar, wheels it inside when we need a defrost, answers
and provides spot inspections for preflight questions, and we use his
shop bathroom and fridge. His oil changes are excellent values! ;^)