Old February 3rd 08, 01:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Kyle Boatright

Default Headset Misfortunes

"WJRFlyBoy" wrote in message
On Thu, 31 Jan 2008 22:33:23 -0500, Kyle Boatright wrote:

So, I'm stuck using the 'ol reliable $89 David Clark knock-off's I got
when
I earned my license. They are not nearly as bad as I remembered, and it
is
nice not having to deal with a battery box and AA batteries that die at
inconvenient times...

Newbie question, is not carrying backup headsets and batteries a given?
--
Remove numbers for gmail and for God's sake it ain't "gee" either!

Nope. ANR headsets still work with dead batteries. The ANR function is the
only thing you lose. With backup stuff, what do you really consider
necessary? I don't carry a spare GPS, a spare map, or a spare set of
headsets. Nor do I carry a handheld radio. My belief is that is any one of
the primary devices dies, I'll be able to safely complete my flight without
it.

KB