Old November 19th 04, 06:45 PM
Dan Nafe

In article . net,
"Chip Jones" wrote:

"Dan Nafe" wrote in message
In article ,
"W. D. Allen Sr." wrote:

What's around Atlanta the requires a flight level of 12,500 ft.?

Their precious class b airspace. Those controllers are real dicks about
vfr south to north transitions

You fly around Atlanta alot, do ya? I find the pilots there to be real
dicks about near-midairs...

Chip, ZTL

Heh, heh, heh, all of my really close "near-midairs" have been while I
and the other aircraft were on IFR flight plans. Yikes!

I still don't get the Atlanta situation. Departing for Florida out of
PDK is no problem, they clear you into the class b, then vector you over
the top of Hartsfield at 5,000. No problems.

Coming into PDK from Florida is a huge problem, they say "remain clear
of the class b". This puts you scudding under the approach or departure
paths of the heavys going around the east end of Hartsfield. Why not let
vfr traffic go over the top of hartsfield at 6,000?