Old April 20th 04, 09:25 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"John Clonts" wrote in message

I see what you mean, and that makes sense to me. But the
sentence following that one in AIM 5-4-8a. is "The procedure
turn or hold in lieu of procedure turn is a required maneuver."
What do you suppose is meant by that? Or do you invoke
"the AIM is not regulatory" to dispatch it?

The AIM states in the preface, "This publication, while not regulatory,
provides information which reflects examples of operating techniques and
procedures which may be requirements in other federal publications or
regulations." Who am I to argue with the AIM?