Old October 6th 08, 05:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Tech Support

Default Primary Glider Drawings

On Sun, 5 Oct 2008 21:43:49 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Oct 4, 11:35*am, Tech Support wrote:

Veeduber

What would it take to convert a primary into a basic soaring machine
(35+ to 1)?

Dear John,

I don't know. But I DO know you're comparing apples to
orangutans :-) The subject is Primary Gliders. Their poor glide
ratio -- typically about 8:1 -- is by DESIGN. That is what's needed
to fulfill their mission, which is to expose a fledgling pilot to 3-
axis controls and introduce them to the mechanics of landing.

You would probably find the syllabus used by early flight-training
programs to be of considerable interest.

-R.S.Hoover

************************************************** ***************************

Understand ur comments but intent of my original post was to get some
ideas on size and airfoil of a wing attached to a Primary Glider
fuselage with a minimual enclosure around pilot that would permit some
basic soaring. All on the cheap and rapid build.

Lots of ideas have been expessed that shot down some of my original
ideas and others that have given me clues on how to meet my original
objectives.

Tnx to all.

Y'all have a nice day and hope you get good news on ur health.

Big John