Old January 6th 04, 05:45 AM
EB Jet

Actually Scott,the nacelles on the production F-23 would have been a bit
*smaller* and rounded at the top versus squared off like the prototypes,which
as you pointed out,still had the extra space for the defunct reversers.They
also would have been a bit closer together.The intakes would have been
different as well.No decision had been made AFAIK regarding the second weapons
bay,but I do know there was a plan to put the AIM-9's on rails on the inside of
the bay doors(it was a pretty wide bay) and using a rotary launcher for the
AIM-120's..The two bay arrangement used a trapeze style launch rack..Despite
your plea for no axe grinding,I predict that it will manifest itself,and I'll
keep my own biased opinions to myself :-) I'd say Ed's reply sums it up pretty
well though(as usual).Happy New Year..