Old July 29th 03, 05:56 AM
Ditch

how many of you have ever experienced an
engine out dead stick landing?

In 5000 hours, I have had 3 full engine failures (two at low altitude), 4
partial failures and once (and I kid you not) I have had both prop governors
fail on a Twin Otter. The left one failed first and I shut the motor down and
the right one failed as I was turning a very high final. Interesting day.
One of the low altitude failures resulted in the airplane going in to a ditch
on airport property. Totalled the airplane, but my student and I walked out ok.

-John
*You are nothing until you have flown a Douglas, Lockheed, Grumman or North
American*