Old January 26th 05, 02:47 PM
plasticguy

"Steve R." wrote in message
"plasticguy" wrote in message
This week I finally got inverted touchdown auto's to a 6 inch target disc
nailed.

Scott.

Basically true although, for the benefit of our 1:1 scales brothers and
sisters, he's not really doing an inverted touchdown from an autorotation.
Somewhere along the way, he's rolling or flipping back to a rightsideup
attitude "before" touchdown! ;-) Just thought I'd clarify that little
detail. There's bound to be someone out there that would take you a
little too literally.

As for the chair, it's a neat idea and it's one I wouldn't mind trying
although I'm not about to spend 2 G's on one. :-o I'm also a little
leary of flying the model from a seated position. As pointed out in their
web site, it's more than a little different from flying from the
transmitter and if the pilot screws up (or there's a radio problem (it's
rare but does happen from time to time)), he/she could find themselves
with a model heading right for them and it'll be a LOT harder to get out
of the way when sitting in that chair than it would be if you're already
on your feet.

FWIW!

Fly Safe,
Steve R.

Hi Steve.
What I actually did was to put a 2 inch steel pin in the top of the rotor
mast.
I roll inverted, go to idle, track to the target tisc and bounce the chopper
off the target
dumping a bunch of neg collective into it as I spool the power back up. If
I do it right,
it sits on the target inverted for a few LONG seconds and lifts off
inverted. Then I roll
back to upright after I get translated to forward flight. Weighted blades
make it LOTS
easier. It would be sooo cool if full size helo's were as aerobatic as a
model........

Scott.