Old April 22nd 04, 09:37 PM
Bruce Greeff

Admit it - you have to be a little mental to wear strange hats, and spend hours
making circles in the sky going nowhere, landing out , getting sunburned and
dehydrated - eventually dragging your exhausted body home long after dark - and
claim this is recreation, and fun.

Works for me, but I know any number who are convinced we are all barking mad...

Liam Finley wrote:
Please don't misconstrue these remarks to mean I have anything against
attracting mildly retarded pilots into soaring. Quite to the
contrary, without them who would buy all the second hand PW-5's and
Russia's? No, it's just the one's who are also sociopaths that I
think we could do without.

(Liam Finley) wrote in message . com...

Soaring may indeed have many problems, but it's inability to satisfy a
mildly retarded lathe-obsessed sociopath is not one of them. Unless
you think the future of the sport lies in attracting large numbers of
mildly retarded lathe-obsessed sociopaths, in which case Lennie's
rambling thoughts are pure gold.