Old June 11th 08, 11:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Vaughn Simon

Default AOPA life insurance

"Lou" wrote in message
Well, I'm not looking for a free lunch but the preliminary quotes seem
to be half
of state farm and allstate and I'm wondering why.

I don't have a clue, but the world is like that. Insurance is just like any
other purchase, it pays to shop.

Get at least three quotes, (which will take three complete applications,
three physical exams, and 6 to 8 weeks). The "teaser" rate that they give you
after a quick screening application means little. They won't like it, and will
ask you why you are applying at other companies, but it is your privilege, and
doing so is just good business.

Vaughn