Old July 12th 09, 07:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Franklin[_8_]

Default I would not have thought this was possible

Mike Ash wrote:

In article ,
Ron Garret wrote:

Even the one-wing landing video requires fairly close inspection to
show that it's a fake. It's quite well done IMHO.

It's easy to be taken in by it, I agree, but I think that once you
come to the proper realizations it's not too hard to see that it must
be fake. To me, the most damning mistake in the video is the fact that
the plane sits perfectly level after the landing. Wings are *heavy*.
Having only one would make that plane tip right over onto its wingtip.
Once I realized what I was looking at, this to me was ironclad proof
that they were filming a plane with two intact wings, with the angle
cleverly chosen to hide one, and the rest done by some special effects
trickery.

People believe almost anything once they suspend common sense. Just look
at a jet intake for 2 seconds. No calculations necessary.

Here's another http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTzSxxH2s3U

And another cat fake: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dzi_8Rscfs