Old August 29th 11, 01:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Air extractors for Ventus 2?

On Aug 25, 1:37*pm, johngalloway wrote:
On Aug 25, 4:31*am, Tim Taylor wrote:

On Aug 24, 9:09*pm, jim wynhoff wrote:

On Aug 21, 7:35*pm, Tim Taylor wrote:

Are there any working designs for an air extractor for the Ventus 2?

Tim,
* Sisu1A *on RAS makes extractors for the ASW20 (some models), and has
made one (or more) for his SZD. In both of those cases, the extractor
replaces an access panel or hatch that happens to be in a position
that is 'good enough'. *I made a simple 'Mandl Extracor' for my Speed
Astirhttp://griderpirate.smugmug.com/Airplanes/Glider-stuff/3702283_Rsct24...
and it does increase cockpit comfort significantly.
Does the Ventus have a conveniently placed access hatch, or will there
be cutting involved?
Cheers,
Jim

Jim,

There will be cutting involved and most Schempp-Hirth's are Standard
Airworthiness. *I am looking at something similar to the Jonker's
design for my Ventus 2 to improve the airflow and cooling in the
cockpit.

Tim

http://www.easternsailplane.com/east...ternSailplane/...

Couldn't fit that legally in Europe nowadays

John Galloway- Hide quoted text -

I would appear that you are not up to date with respect to ongoing
developments. EASA approval is very close for Schleicher gliders that
this vent was originally designed for.
UH