Old August 26th 04, 08:24 PM
Kevin Brooks

"B2431" wrote in message
From: "Vaughn"
Date: 8/26/2004 5:20 AM Central Daylight Time

"Pooh Bear" wrote in message

It would be *very* tricky to fuel just 2 a/c - and no others - with
contaminated fuel.

One inadvertantly (or purposly) contaminated fuel truck could manage
that
trick quite well. But I think we would know by now.

Vaughn

Assuming a truck on the scale of an R-5 and full fuel loads on both

aircraft it
is not likely both aircraft would be able to be refueled from the same

truck.
Of course it depends on initial fule levels in both aircraft

And the odds that both aircraft would then crash at about the same time,
even though one had been in the air quite a bit longer and covered a lot
more distance away from the departure point? The fuel bit has been a
long-shot from the get-go when you consider that fact, along with the
transponder signal reported to have been received from one aircraft. If the
latest reports indicating that no out-of-the-ordinary conversations were
heard on the CVR's proves to be true, then you can nail the coffin door shut
on "bad fuel".

Brooks

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired