Old February 12th 08, 11:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.simulators

Default a pilot question

On Feb 9, 12:13*am, Mxsmanic wrote:
writes:
However, if you have not done both, then it is a matter over which you
can have no opinion.

And yet I do have an opinion, which invalidates your assertion.

Not so. What it does show is your inability to understand that
opinions based on no experience have no value.

If a person has never encountered Indian cuisine in person, how can
they compare it to how much they enjoy French cuisine? They can't.
They have to encounter it in person first. Otherwise their opinion can
have no value -- because it is utterly uninformed.

And also we can apply that he your personal opinion comparing how
exciting it is flying a real aircraft vs. playing with a simulator is
based on nothing. You can't say how exciting it is to fly a plane --
period. You can say how exciting it is for you to operate a simulator
though.

It's hard for me to apply the word "excitement" to playing with a
flight simulator, even one as neato as MSFS.