Old February 26th 08, 06:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.simulators
indoubt

Default a pilot question

wrote:
Hi all,

I'm a pilot. I mean for real. Like certificated. My question is, why
aren't sims worth a damn? They're cheezy and crappy. The flight models
are wrong. The radio equipment doesn't work right. The terrain isn't
photorealistic and I can't pull negative Gs. You can't do pilotage.
The dead reckoning doesn't match up with real charts. What's wrong
with those computer programming geek f0ks? Can't they get anything
right?

When will I be able to learn something from a sim?

Go to
http://fs-mp.com/
Do some flying there with real life ATC controllers etc etc etc.
Take part for some of the numerous events for example.

You must be still playing some simulator from the 8-bit Nintendo age.
Try installing FSX and try again ....

--

-indoubt-

"Cavaeat humanus sic tofu burritus e toga."

(Beware of the man with a tofu burrito in his toga.)