Old December 1st 05, 09:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft

Default Helicopter superstitions and "old wives" tales?

OK Bob you got me on one. Whats with never grabbing the tail rotor shaft to
slow down the main rotor on shut down? I don't have a rotor brake and have
used the hands on (no gloves) approach to speed up the slow down on the MR.

Me too. That's how I stop the mains when I fly the C300... Learned
from my CFII when i asked "Does this thing have a rotor brake?" He
said, "Follow me." then hopped out and grabbed the shaft.. "This is
it right here.."

So,,,,, throwing a wet towel at the TR hub, is not a good idea then? g

Cam.