Old March 2nd 04, 04:07 AM

Default Going through ATL

I will be flying down to the NASCAR race in Atlanta on March 14th. For
those of you who have flown out of races, it is a pain in the butt to get an
IFR clearance and get out of the airport quickly. By far, the best way is
to take off VFR and try to file and get a clearance in the air. The airport
is under the class B veil and is due south of ATL. I want to go northbound.
For pilots familiar with the area, what are my chance that I could get
permission to go through class B airspace and go directly over the airport
(6500 MSL) or am I more than likely not going to get clearance into class B
and have to work around the city? Are the folks at ATL approach pretty
friendly or just too busy to concern themselves with me?

Advise from people familiar with ATL approach is appreciated.

Thanks,
Kevin