Old March 3rd 04, 06:40 AM
Mike Weller

On Tue, 02 Mar 2004 13:13:37 GMT, john smith wrote:

wrote:
I will be flying down to the NASCAR race in Atlanta on March 14th.

My recommendation:
Get the direct dial (866) number for the AFSS that serves ATL.
Ask the briefer for the telephone number for the ATL Approach Watch Desk.
Call the Watch Desk and discuss the matter with them directly.

Whew, what a breath of fresh air. You said that so well.

Bar none, when I've called the facility supervisor when I felt a
little bit unclear about something like that, I got almost royal
treatment. It seems to me that the supervisors are actually human and
enjoy a little bit of stretching to help a pilot out.

Mike Weller