Old March 30th 05, 12:21 PM
Cub Driver

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 01:39:53 GMT, "Grumman-581"
wrote:

"Marco Leon" wrote in message ...
I don't know about anyone else, but I can never get a [usable] signal

above
2,500 feet agl. Anyone else have a different experience? I have Verizon.

I've got Verizon also and I usually don't get a usable signal above 400 ft
AGL... At 1000 ft, it'll look like I'm getting a signal, but I'll lose it
before I've even finished dialing (even with speed dial)... I suspect that
the cell tower antennas are oriented more for surface signals instead of
ones above them...

I once called my wife to tell her that I was feet wet over Great Bay
and that she could see me tour the bay if she looked out the window.

It was not a great success, but not because the connection failed. I
just took off my headset and dialed up, not realizing that all she
would hear was the roar of the engine and me shouting in the
background. She made the natural conclusion that the plane was going
down and I was making my last, 9/11-style call.

I was 600-700 feet, I suppose.

-- all the best, Dan Ford

email (put Cubdriver in subject line)

Warbird's Forum: