Old May 7th 05, 01:27 AM
Jimmy B.

Denny wrote:
Being local in mid Michigan I have been to all three airports, and they
are just airports...

PTK is the busiest with a mix of bug smashers and jets, heavy student
training, etc... It is one of the busiest Gen Av airports in the
country and would be a good experience to do, at least once...
YIP is busy but not in the same league with PTK...
Y47 is least busy...

Which is closer and more convenient for your family to drive to - pick
that one...
uuhhh, off the top of my head I think that Y47 is the closest to South
Lyons, like 7-8 miles or so, isn't it? Go to AIRNAV.COM and take a
look - I'm outta here...

cheers ... denny

Yeah, Y47 is like 5 miles from where we're meeting. But it also has the
most expensive fuel of the lot also. Does Y47 have transient tie downs?

I'm thinking that YIP might be better because they have rental cars
right there. (With Y47, you have to get Enterprise, which is a pick-up
sort of thing.)