Old November 3rd 03, 12:50 PM
Corky Scott

On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 02:26:44 -0600, Barnyard BOb --
wrote:

On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 05:38:20 GMT, "Bruce A. Frank"
wrote:

Barnyard BOb -- wrote:

And my counterpoint is....
If this was an AIRCOOLED powered aircraft,
the failure could not possibly happen.

Keep on spinning away...
with talk of minimal damage, etcetera --
but, far too many times aircraft are totaled
and occupants do not walk away when
forced to land off airport. And sadly, when
it comes to landing on highways, they tend to
take their share of traffic innocents with them.

Barnyard BOb -- KISS - keeping it simple, stoopid

Yep, you are correct, BOb. Lycomings and Continentals never fail and of
the infinitesimal small number that might, no one will ever even get
hurt. This wasn't a point/counter point discussion. I was clarifying a
fact for Corky. I would hate to leave out a piece of information so that
you might say I was "spinning" the facts. A sin(spin?)of omission. Oh,
wait, you say I am spinning the facts now! Obviously you are still
besting me at every turn. How dastardly of you. Maybe one of these days
I'll consider this "fight" worth some indulgence of my time. But for now
I'll leave others the pleasure and just "spin" a few facts once in a
while.

If your remarks are for Corky... send him a private email.
Otherwise, your remarks here are fair game for one and all.

IF you and Corky ever ACTUALLY FLY your conversions.....
maybe your FACTS? will take on a more realistic perspective.
So far, you vocal RAH conversion advocates are ALL TALK
and NO WALK. ALL HAT. NO CATTLE. You guys point to what
you believe are 'successes' defined by some 'shoot from the hip'
criteria. MOSTLY what I see is...BULL****, so the flags go up.
If this is "BESTING" you, so be it. I make no apologies.

Worth YOUR indulgence?
Pardon me all to hell, your majesty.
While you and Corky just talk, talk, talk....
I continue to walk my walk - just like I have for 50 flight years.
Why should I give a rat's ass if you never INDULGE me, again?

When you two scare the **** out of yourselves sufficiently,
AND YOU WILL, I believe you may 'indulge' me...
...IF you survive your follies and your egos.

Barnyard BOb -- over 50 years of flight.

BOb, you continually amaze me. What's the problem with citing those
who have flown prior to Bruce and me? Aren't you continually
demanding that we prove the viability of the auto conversion by
listing how many have flown and for how many hours?

Does the fate of the auto conversion rest soley on the shoulders of
Bruce and me? You cannot look at the success of others as
confirmation that if one does the job correctly, one can successfully
fly behind an auto conversion?

I'm afraid if you wait for me, it will be several years yet. I have a
long way to go before I'm ready to fly and will not be bullied into
rushing.

Corky Scott