Old October 22nd 03, 06:14 AM
Trentus

"Mr.Twistair" wrote in message
Joss, this heli is slightly described at http://twistairclub.narod.ru
including photos of it's step-by-step unfolding. It wasn't ever flown. The
main reason why is mostly explained as "no suitable engine which would fit
this design that time". I've heard that it was designed to be powered by
small rotary engine but the engine wasn't actually built (never run good
enough - to be exact).

Pardon me while I drop my guard and flash my ignorance to all and sundry.

No tail rotor?
I assume the twin sets of rotors turned in opposite directions to counter
the resultant forces that would cause it to spin otherwise.
How would you then turn one? I believe you turn a helicopter by altering the
amount the tail rotor counters the tendency of the craft to spin? How would
you turn a helicopter that has no tail rotor.

Wouldn't it make a fantatic little commuter vehicle! Straight out of your
backyard, to the nearest park to your work, pack it all up, and walk inside.
Just image the resultant mess that could be created as every Tom Dick and
Harry started going to and from work on one.
Could make a day in the park with your kids pretty messy as the morons we
get on our roads everyday, decide to start landing these things there
instead of creating their usual brand of havoc on the freeways.
Would we end up with Riceboy versions? with huge sound systems, and
colourchange paint jobs?

Aaargh, I think I need to go lie down, the visions of such a world have left
me shaken to the core.

Trentus