Old December 16th 03, 12:50 AM
David Brooks

Well, I can't pick out who's being ironic and who isn't here.

With one view of the presidency, there actually *isn't* a lot more to it
than being intelligent, articulate, informed, and reasonable.

For another view what matters are all those personal characteristics like
decisiveness and charm. Which, of course, are incredibly dangerous when not
accompanied by being intelligent, articulate, informed, and reasonable.

-- David Brooks

"Roger Long" om wrote in
message ...
I guess you need the inflection of speech to appreciate the joke. When I
heard it, it was clear that the guy telling it meant to say that Jr. was
none of those things.

--
Roger Long
David Dyer-Bennet wrote in message
"Roger Long" om

writes:

I get pretty down on Bush and then I realize that I'm being unfair.

The
presidency is a very tough job and there is a lot more to it than

being
intelligent, articulate, informed, and reasonable.

Yeah, but he's not good at those other parts either.
--
David Dyer-Bennet, , www.dd-b.net/dd-b/
RKBA: noguns-nomoney.com www.dd-b.net/carry/

www.dd-b.net/dd-b/SnapshotAlbum/