Old April 24th 07, 01:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Stealth Pilot[_2_]

Default Buying a Pitts for aerobatics and touring

On 24 Apr 2007 00:13:50 -0700, drclive wrote:

I been dreaming to buy a machine to do aerobatics as well as touring.
Currently I'm doing aerobatic training in a Pitts S2A, but its
avionics doesn't seem very suitable for touring or navigation
exercises. I have seems some Pitts S1S and the same problems.
Can anybody advice me what would the best solution to this?

CR

buy a pitts for aerobatics by all means but buy something you can land
in a 20 knot gusting crosswind for touring.

a few pitts in australia have been flown home by the new owner all the
way to the first cross country landing ....then pranged.

ymmv
Stealth Pilot