Old April 24th 07, 11:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
flynrider via AviationKB.com

Default Buying a Pitts for aerobatics and touring

drclive wrote:
I been dreaming to buy a machine to do aerobatics as well as touring.
Currently I'm doing aerobatic training in a Pitts S2A, but its
avionics doesn't seem very suitable for touring or navigation
exercises. I have seems some Pitts S1S and the same problems.
Can anybody advice me what would the best solution to this?

CR

Neither the Pitts S1 or S2 versions are really suitable for touring. I
have a friend that does airshows in an S1. He loves flying the aerobatics,
but he dreads getting there. Not only is the panel limited, the range is not
ideal for long cross country jaunts. That narrow cockpit isn't something I'd
want to spend a whole lot of time in (at least while straight and level).

I'd recommend looking for an RV6/7. They are great cross country machines
and stressed for aerobatics. The controls are very light and fast. Well
suited for aerobatics.

John Galban=====N4BQ (PA28-180)