Old April 25th 07, 04:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
dave

Default Buying a Pitts for aerobatics and touring

When I sold my citabria I was thinking exactly what you're wondering
about. Have you considered the CAP10B? I don't remember all the
particulars but the CAP has a fast cruise speed and it's a pleasure to
fly. It's a bit of oddball because of the wood wing - there's an
inspection AD for it but it's simple. I understand that they're still
made but with a carbon fiber wing. I ended up deciding that I'd rent a
decathalon locally if I wanted to do some acro and bought a Bonanza.

Dave
M35

drclive wrote:
I been dreaming to buy a machine to do aerobatics as well as touring.
Currently I'm doing aerobatic training in a Pitts S2A, but its
avionics doesn't seem very suitable for touring or navigation
exercises. I have seems some Pitts S1S and the same problems.
Can anybody advice me what would the best solution to this?

CR