Old May 21st 12, 05:50 AM
Capt. Wes B. Capt. Wes B. is offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by patsy View Post
Hi,

I just started training for a private license.
I found a book on Amazon.com called
"Airplane Trivia" which I found helpful.
Can anyone recommend any other
test or quiz books for a beginner?
Thanks, Patsy.
It depends to on what you are looking to do. Familiarize yourself with aviation, prep for the written test, or learn the basic maneuvers. I think for preparing for the knowledge test Gleims is great. As far as practical knowledge the best book ever would be Rod Machado's Private Pilot handbook. You literally wouldn't need anything else to pass your knowledge test. As far as the flying part is concerned I'd recommend Stick and Rudder. If you get those two books you're half way their. If you aren't a book person try Sporty's Private Pilot DVD series-it is way more practical then King Schools! you can also find some great deals at marketniner.com everything is half priced and below! If you don't see what you want you can even call them and they'll find it for you at half price or better. Plus when you are through with training you can post your item for sale there and recuperate some of your investment.