Old November 28th 03, 06:20 AM
John Harper

Affirmative.

"Jeff" wrote in message
John, whats the TR stand for?
Turbo ?

Jeff

John Harper wrote:

A list that includes both the Arrow and the Centurion is a rather
odd list. The Centurion is very expensive to insure, and maybe
impossible unless you have 500 hrs and an instrument rating.
I'd have thought that a 182RG or a TR182 would be more in line
with the others in your list. I bought a TR182 a year ago and have
never regretted it. Figure around $130-140K for a decent one with OK
but elderly avionics.

John

"O. Sami Saydjari" wrote in message
OK. I added one to my list today. What about a Cessna 210 Centurion.
They seem to have a good cruise speed, a good range, and good lift
capacity. What do you think about them? -Sami

Jeff wrote:

comanche 260 , awsome plane, I saw one take off with full fuel, 90

degree's
outside and 4 adults. There were like 7 of us out there watching to

see
if it
would get off the ground, me, the fuel guy and several others, it

didnt
have any
problems. Comanche's are like mooney's in that they are very clean

airplanes.

Mooney, dont know much about them except the cockpit looks awful

small.

Arrow III, you may be a bit disappointed, I have flown the Normally

Aspirated
Arrow III and I own a Turbo Arrow III. The normally aspirated Arrow

is
not a fast
airplane. About 130-135 kts. The Turbo Arrow is a 150 kt airplane

and
gives much
better performance then the normally aspirated one. The T-arrow will

maintain its
200 HP all the way up to 12,000 ft DA. I have taken off from an

airport
with a DA
of 8800 ft, gross weight, no problems. The engine in the T-Arrow is

different then
the normal arrow, the T-Arrow has a Cont. 6 cylinder fuel injected

turbo
charged
engine and is actually rated at either 210 or 215 HP cant remember

which. The same
engine is used in some other planes at 210 HP.
The insurance on it is not bad either, was alot cheaper then the

comanche 400 I
was originally looking at. Also the T-Arrow seems to perform its

best at
8000-13,000 ft. The POH says at 17,000 it will do 172 kts. At 14,000

few days
ago, I had a TAS of 165 kts and a GS of 183 kts. (of course going

the
other way I
was only getting like 140kts). With the turbo, you can choose higher

altitudes to
take advantage of winds.

Jeff
http://www.turboarrow3.com

"O. Sami Saydjari" wrote:

Jeff, I have "narrowed it down" to three planes:

1965 Piper Comanche PA-24-260
1978 Mooney "201" M20J
1977 Piper Arrow III

-Sami

Jeff wrote:

what kind of plane are you getting, if you dont mind...

jeff

"O. Sami Saydjari" wrote:

I plan to buy my first airplane and "trade-up" in about 3-4 years.

expect my initial investment will be around $75K. At that price,

it
does not seem to be worth putting in brand new avionics to the

tune of
$12-$15K (thinking specifically about a Garmin 430/MX-20 combo, or

GX-50/MX-20 combo). At the sametime, I really would like the
situational awareness benefits of such avionics. Is it practical

consider buying used avionics? If so, where might I get used

avionics
(web site pointers, phone numbers, or email addresses would be

helpful
in addition to names of places).

By the way, thanks for all the great help I have been getting on

this
forum. It really helps me make some hard decisions about my first

purchase.

-Sami