Old May 12th 18, 02:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default A Simple Question About LiFePO4 Batteries

On Friday, May 11, 2018 at 7:35:08 PM UTC-4, wrote:
Do it. Im using the Australian made Fusion battery, 10ah, and approved by the GFA.
1500 FULL DISCARGE CYCLES, 2500 80% discharge, will probably outlast my ability to fly.
Discharging an SLA more than 50% damages it, fully flattening them kills them completely.

Would be nice if you could actually get those 1500 discharge cycles, but I expect the battery will die from "old age" well before then, even with light use. How many years a LiFePO4 battery will really last is still a mystery, although some people "here" can report what, 6 or 7 years and still OK?