Old December 2nd 03, 02:19 AM
Kyler Laird

"Dan Raneri" writes:

I've acquired a Shadin Digiflo (twin) and would like to install it in my
1955 Piper Apache.

I had one installed in my 1966 Aztec awhile ago. My factory fuel flow
gauge had been overhauled several times, never worked, and spewed fuel
down the panel on takeoff once. I wanted it *gone*.

Getting approval for the Digiflo as primary equipment was the tricky
part. Fortunately our FSDO understood the advantage of getting some
fuel lines out of the cockpit.

My mechanic called my local FSDO, who mentioned that
without an STC, the best way to proceed would be to provide the FSDO with a
'337 that was approved for another installation in the same make and model
for review.

Shadin has some STCs on file. I think we used one from a Bonanza(?)
with an IO-540 (like mine). I probably have their fax around here
*somewhere*...

I'd intended to scan my 337. I haven't done it yet and my logs are at
the shop. If you think an Aztec installation would help, let me know.

Here's a thread with lots of great information on the subject.
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e....cc.purdue.edu

--kyler