Old November 25th 06, 06:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
RST Engineering

Default Compass swinging?

C'mon Roy, you've been around airplanes long enough to know the real
answer -- "Why that compass card has been in the airplane since I bought
it."

Now, if the FAA really wanted to get snotty, they'd go to Part 43, appendix
A, section (b)(4)(i) and ask to see the major repair signoff for the
"calibration of ... instruments", which is what a compass swing is.

Jim

"Roy Smith" wrote in message
I've got AC 43.13-1B, which describes the procedure to swing a compass.
What I can't find is the bureaucratic stuff -- who can do it (any pilot?),
and what paperwork follow-up is required (airframe logbook entry, or is
just making the new compass card sufficient?).