Old April 7th 07, 10:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Blueskies

Default KOSU Arrival ATIS

"Ron Natalie" wrote in message m...
: Kyle Boatright wrote:
:
:
: Good question. Obsolete data transmitted over a wider area doesn't make it
: any better. They need to put more emphasis on keeping the ATIS current...
: On numerous occasions, I've found that the ATIS was far out of date compared
: to what was actually happening at Fisk/Ripon/Oshkosh..
:
: Well the ATIS is owned by the FAA. The parking is controlled by the
: EAA. While they work together pretty well, the tower and the parking
: people do NOT have a direct connection. We don't find the field is
: open/closed through any other system other than listening to the ATIS
: or the toower frequency.
:
:
:

EAA could do an ATIS-like broadcast on a Unicom sort of frequency - maybe could be called AAIS - automated airventure
information service...