Old January 25th 08, 05:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_22_]

Default Aerodynamic question for you engineers

D Ramapriya wrote in news:8ff767b1-b1ff-44c4-
:

On Jan 25, 9:10 pm, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:

It's tempting to think that it could be somewhere near the
center of the balance arm but it's hard to logically argue
against the CG, isn't it?

They're the same thing.

By balance arm, I meant the distance between CG and CP. Missing
something, am I?

Well, that'd be a misdefinition. Also, CP really should read CL

Bertie

But we need some term for what I referred to as the balance arm,

i.e.
the distance between CG and CL (CP).

No we don't, you just defined it.

Bertie

Are you saying that CG and CL are the same?

No.

I definitely remember
reading that they're different.

Excellent first step. Read some more. Make sure it isn't the Sun.

Bertie