Old May 29th 08, 03:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Jay Honeck[_2_]

Default What would you buy with a 50k budget?

I am in the process of buying an old Ercoupe in a new flying club
that I'm starting with two other guys. Our entire investment will be
$18,000 -- divided three ways.

Some thoughts:

Spar issues, make sure it has all the extra inspection holes underneath...

Check.

Not all models are "Light Sport" compliant...

Yep. We ended up getting a '48 "E" model, which is NOT light sport. It
does, however, have an extra 180 pounds of useful load.

Looks bigger than it actually is. For + sized people...

It's "cozy"...

;-)

Did you tell Montblack about this?

Yep. He was actually the guy that got us looking at buying an Ercoupe in
the first place, and was an early partner in this venture. We stopped
looking for light sport models after he backed out.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA