Old August 9th 03, 08:49 PM
Bill

"Katy" wrote in message
I have got a bad dose of the Radeon problems mentioned in a lot of posts,
the "bleeding" text, which although a pain is not the end of the world,

but
the"swimming" scenery on my machine (High end Dell, 512mb, Radeon 9700

pro
128mb) makes FS2004 almost unusable.

Some folks on Radeon drivers have posted that they just have the text
problem, otherwise everything else is fine.

Would be really useful if those that have a reasonably stable FS2004
experience, on Radeon drivers, posted their graphics settings, so others
could try them, trial and error hasn't helped me.

fyi, Like may others I have posted the problem on ATI support pages, but

no
response other than a system acknowledgment, makes for excellent Customer
Service on their part.

To help with the shimmering of texture (especially bad with ATI cards)
try those settings: mipmap to 4 in FS, no anti-aliasing, autogen
scenery to medium. In the drivers properties push anisotropic
filtering to the maximum available, set anti-aliasing to a medium
setting...

---
Best
Katy Pluta

FS2004 FAQ at http://www.simflight.com/news5/modules.php?name=FAQ

Posted by ATI FYI

http://www.ati.com/support/infobase/4256.html

Dont know if this will ease the pain, only MSoft can do that :-)

Bill