Old September 13th 05, 03:24 PM
N93332

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
news:HLAVe.346894$xm3.194258@attbi_s21...
Ten minutes later, with me in the left seat, I advanced the throttle
smoothly, reached rotation speed, started to gently pull back -- and
skipped half a dozen times down the runway before breaking cleanly.
Dang.

Usually the plane just "flies itself off" the runway in this
configuration -- but not that night. Conditions of flight were fairly
unusual, for us -- the back seat was empty, no wind, high humidity, fairly
light on fuel -- so I suppose it was just pilot error.

It seems odd, however, that we *both* made the same mistake, which leads
me to wonder if there was something atmospheric going on...

Thoughts?

You too??? I think it usually happens to me when there is less fuel and
weight on board than usual and possibly other factors such as humidity,
temperature, technique, pilot error, etc. When it happens to me, I'll do
some touch and goes (or stop and goes) and try it again to see if it
repeats; sometimes it does and sometime it doesn't so I'm not really sure
why...

-Greg B.