Old November 11th 09, 01:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Logajan

Default Need a Usenet computer guru opinion please

Dave Doe wrote:
Well what I don't get - is why you simply don't just ignore him/her?

This is what these sort of folk *do* - and this person is suceeding in
baiting you to the extent that you have made this post (amoung
others).

Hmmm. What you are implying is that it is OK to let someone else post
anything and everything using your name. Because no one here is talking
about simple trolling - we all know they are best ignored. The problem is
that when someone posts under another's name, it is often archived in many
different databases (Google is but one of them.) So those forged posts can
persist for years; and there will be no indicator to a future reader to
know that a given post is forged.

In short, surely if you just ignore them, bozo bin them -

He'd need to killfile on his own name and e-mail address, though.

they'll realise you are no fun to 'play' with - and go away.

The forger doesn't appear to be playing - he's got some funky emotional
problems.

Well that's my theory, and I'm stickin' with it!

Well _my_ theory is that all brontosauruses are thin at one end; much, much
thicker in the middle; and then thin again at the far end.