Old August 14th 07, 01:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Peter R.

Default 430W doubling in cost?

On 8/3/2007 5:59:34 PM, "Peter R." wrote:

So far I have been on the fence regarding the upgrade
due the additional cost, but if it is going to jump by that much...

Okay, after mulling it over for the last few weeks I went ahead and scheduled
my GNS430 to be upgraded at the end of the month. There are enough LPV
approaches here in the Northeast US to justify it, and having a glideslope
capability on non-precision approaches will be much nicer than the
dive-and-drive method.

The doubling of the upgrade price by Garmin served its purpose.

--
Peter