Old March 7th 10, 01:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
PiperFlyer

Default Need Help with VOR error adjustment

Thanks for the info. Appreciate it.
" wrote in message
On Feb 5, 4:09 am, "EK" wrote:
Thanks Bill.
How is the adjustment made for minor deviation? Is it on the indicator or
the radio? Appreciate your input.

" wrote in message

On Feb 3, 5:38 am, "PiperFlyer" wrote:

209

You remove the upper left mounting screw. Stick a long, flat blade
screwdriver
in there to access a 1 turn pot about 2 1/2" behind the panel.

I think the range is in the neighborhood of ten degrees.

Bill Hale

King KI-209 with MX170B, shows an error of 30 degrees. Is there an
adjustment screw on the indicator or a correction potentiometer on the
radio
to correct the error? I work weekdays and the avionics shops are open
only
on weekdays.

There is an adjustment. But: If it's off by 30 degrees, there is
something
wrong with the unit. The adjustment does not have anywhere near that
range.

Bill Hale BPPP Instructor

Fix radios part time.