Old January 25th 08, 05:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
rpl

Default Spaceship 2 project details released

Morgans wrote:
In AvWeb, there is a story about some of the things going on at Scaled
Composites, with some pictures of White Knight 2, and a link back to
Scaled's web site, with quite a few good pictures and stories about what has
been happening.

4 engines on the wing of White Knight. I did not see any specs on what the
engines are, though. Are they afterburning, or not? My guess is it looks
like they are fan engines, and they made up for not AB with lots of fan
thrust.

Interesting, with two crew pods. Are both pilots in one pod, or are they
separated?

Marc Z: Is this what you hinted for, with a "soon" comment a while back?
It is good to see some news, finally.

engines are williams turbojets, iirc; i imagine both fuselages contain
pilot controls... their large size is so that passengers' family
members/friends can watch them take off into the wild blue(-black) yonder.

rpl